Current boxes’ contents are a surprise, so we only reveal the theme ahead of time.
Past boxes will be for sale as long as supplies last.
August Box Theme: Forbidden Voice
July Box : The Witches of New York by Ami McKay
$49.95 + Shipping
Our July book is The Witches of New York by Canadian author Ami McKay. As soon as we picked this book up, we knew we wanted to share it with you. This is a novel full of magic, intrigue, history, and not one, but three strong female characters, each with her own unique voice. Included with the book is:
- The handcrafted soap made by Forest Garden Soap & Sundry is scented with lavender, lemon, and mint, which are the ingredients to one of the calming teas that Eleanor brews for Adelaide.
- Tea and the brewing of tea is a big part of The Witches of New York – they are used for everything from relaxing to medicine, so we’ve included a Traditional Medicinals tea for you to enjoy. Many of the ingredients of this blend are found in the relaxing teas that Eleanor brews.
- The honey sticks from North Thompson Apiary represent the honey used in the spells and the tea, and the fact that Eleanor keeps bees. We hope you enjoy the fun flavours as you read.
- You can keep your place with the beautiful brass bookmark featuring a raven and flowers. The raven represents Perdu, Eleanor’s pet raven, and the flowers and herbs are for the ingredients the witches use in their spells.
- The lovely Spell Cards contain recipes and spells from throughout the book, enchantments that might be found in Eleanor’s grimoire. You can use the string to tie your own Witches Knot!
- The gorgeous art on the back of this card is the 9 of Hearts from the Tarot as designed by Tara Pastro, the Luck Card, according to Adelaide.
- We were fortunate enough to be able to connect with Ami McKay, and she answered a few questions for our readers in her exclusive author interview.
Eleanor Oliphant is Completely Fine by Gail Honeywell
$49.95 + Shipping
Our June book is the internationally acclaimed novel, Eleanor Oliphant is Completely Fine by Gail Honeyman. This is a book that could have been sad and tragic, but is made funny and quirky by the writing, which brings out the humanity in the characters. We love Eleanor and her unique way of looking at things helps us to understand what she is going through and that she is persevering in the best way she knows how.
Included with the book is:
- An adorable elephant tea strainer that represents Eleanor herself, who is the elephant in the room.
- Fragrant, organic Darjeeling tea from Teaberry’s Fine Teas in Kelowna, BC. You’ll quickly see why this is Eleanor’s favourite tea.
- Eleanor is always carrying around her shopper and has a frog pouf in her apartment — both of which are represented in the handy frog shopping bag.
- For convenience’s sake, Eleanor makes the same dinner every day — pasta with pesto. We’ve found a yummy, locally made organic pesto mix from Made With Love in Kamloops, BC.
- The lovely bookmark features a quote from the book and also a little monkey charm, reminiscent of how Eleanor sees her therapist.
- The crossword puzzle included is inspired by Eleanor’s love the crosswords and by the animal themes in the book.
- There is a gorgeous, original watercolour of an elephant holding a yellow tulip by Tara Pastro because Eleanor hates tulips.