Hello and Happy March!
February Book Box Reveal:
For February’s read, we have chosen the compelling historical fiction novel, The Lost Girls of Paris by Pam Jenoff. In this book, Jenoff brings to life the stories of 3 strong women as well as a ring of female secret agents during World War II who were all but lost to history. Their courage, friendship, determination, and heroism had us reading non-stop as we felt the loves and losses of these remarkable women.
- This book takes place largely in France, so we have included one of the most decadent French treats: macaroons! These scrumptious treats are hand made by Red Seal Pastry Chef Carly at Gold Leaf Pastries in Kamloops, BC and are best eaten right away.
- The secret agents need to learn Morse Code to transmit their messages, so we have included a Morse Code beaded bracelet that spells out your very own message.
- The secret agents were highly trained and were supplied with various gadgets disguised as everyday things to help them in their missions. To this end, we have included a compact with a French theme and lock to hide away your own treasures.
- There is a lovely bookmark with a quote from the book to keep your place.
- Finally, we have an exclusive interview from Pam Jenoff so be sure to check out the brochure to read what she says about writing this exciting book.
You can watch a video of our unboxing here:
We have ONE February box left. Visit our website here for information on this and our other past boxes.
Also, be sure to share your reviews of Callisto Crate and your unboxings on your social media for a chance to win our monthly social media draw. Last month’s winner was: Stacia K.
March Callisto Crate Theme Reveal:
The theme for our March box is: Sphere of Influence. This epic, luxuriously told, fantasy novel explores what happens when, with one change, the power dynamics between men and women shift, threatening the existing patriarchy – a timely narrative in a #metoo world. This book is filled with strong women, palace politics, explorations of gender norms and expectations, vivid world building, and magic and we can hardly wait to share it with you.
We are really looking forward to sharing this box with you. We have 2
amazing Artisan Vendors, a custom made product, AND an author interview!
To place your order, visit our webpage here.
New Subscriber Special:
All new subscribers will receive a FREE package of 3 bookmarks, such as those featured here.(While supplies last. Selection may vary.)
It’s still cold and snowy here, but the sun is shining and it is the
perfect weather for curling up with a good book. We are reading so many
great ones, getting ready for the spring boxes. We’d love to hear from
you. What are you reading? What genres would you love to see in our
Happy (almost) spring!
Tara & Coreena